Well, the last part of our propane fix saga turned out to be replacing the regulator. In the pic above the regulator is the silver thingy, the brackets, and the meter/actual regulator on top. It also came with the black 'pigtail' hose coming out the top, heading towards our propane tank (to the left in the picture).
We had already replaced the solenoid - the black box below the regulator with the wires coming out of it - completely taken the Force 10 stove apart, and temporarily adjusted the propane locker drain...read about that journey here and here.
We actually just needed a new pigtail hose, we found it was leaking (by using soapy water - the leaking propane made bubbles on the hose just behind the brass fitting). But as you can see in the pic below, I couldn't get her off.
I had read that it is a good idea to replace the regulator every 10 years or so, look at the bottom left corner of the picture above to see some corrosion, so I thought what the heck. The new hose looked a lot better (below), but when I first tried her out propane was spraying everywhere, because apparently I hadn't tightened the little nut behind the big nut. Tighten both nuts - it doesn't mention it in the directions that come with the new part.
I put a little teflon tape on the new connection between the solenoid and the bottom of the regulator.
Finally, the brackets that came with the new regulator were of a different size than the ones I had so I just unscrewed the new ones from the new regulator and used the old ones so I wouldn't have to make new holes (I filled the screw holes with a little 4200 so propane wouldn't leak through them in the future...holy crap, I'm a little handy!